August 2014 - Monthly Outline (+Hiatus!)

Sunday, August 31, 2014


Monthly Outline is {hopefully} going to be a monthly wrap-up feature on the blog. I can't believe the year is going by so fast, we've come to September! Aaaand also, happy one month to The Literary Oracle!  (It has been a few weeks over a month, because I might have forgotten all about it).  

Anyway, let's get on with the recaps!



Books:
This month I read a total of 13 books which is not really my biggest number, but I'm happy either way.

- Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins (4/5)
-Dangerous Girls - Abigail Haas (5/5)
-Dangerous Boys - Abigail Haas (4/5)
-Of Poseidon - Anna Banks (1/5)
-Don't Look Back - Jennifer L. Armentrout (2/5)
-Starters - Lissa Price (2/5)
-If I Stay - Gayle Forman (5/5)
-Where She Went - Gayle Forman (4/5)
-Of Beast and Beauty - Stacey Jay (4/5)
-Shiver -  Maggie Stiefvater (1/5)
-Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson (2/5)
-Why We Broke Up - Daniel Handler (1/5)
- A Great and Terrible Beauty - Libba Bray (3/5)
I only managed to "finish" one ARC. I still have two more to be read. (Not getting around to that any time soon though, woops.)

ARC/s: 
-Frozen - Melissa de la Cruz (1/5)


Blog Recap:
- I got nominated for the Liebster Award by 10 bloggers! This is probably the best form of welcome I could wish for, so thank you guys!
-I compiled a list of 5 books that broke my heart
-I wrote some letters to characters
-I discussed love triangles
-I did the  Book Blogger Test


Other:
-My unit tests started - goodbye to free time until 4th September.
- I broke my laptop! All my filessss. (This is the second laptop I have broken a laptop by far, not counting my mom's two previous laptops I broke. Why do I always break them!?) and now I'm having to use my mom's laptop but you bet she's not that happy because *wait for it* I kind of broke the laptop lid already.

My life outside books have been terribly boring, as expected when you have tests going on. I really wouldn't account this month for the best one of the year, but it was pretty much an average month in the life of a lazy blogger. 


Hiatus:
And now for the part about hiatus.  I wonder how easy it would be if I had co-bloggers or if I at least managed to find a blog care-taker before it was too late. But it's too late now, so yeah.

Since my unit tests started, I really don't have enough energy OR willpower to be active on the blog. I don't really want to go on a hiatus when I've only started blogging recently, but I'm pretty much a serious student (which you probably won't be able to tell from my marks that drop every time). All in all, it's time I choose school over blog for one week! 

Just a week, phew. Already getting the headaches.


A Rough Sketch For September:
Next month, I'm hoping to read two or three books more than this month. More discussion posts and lists {mini} reviews should also make an appearance. As for memes, I plan on only doing the Top Ten Tuesday posts unless I get a change of plans, which won't be that surprising.  Furthermore, if the circumstances do permit, I'm hoping to organize at least one giveaway before October a.k.a The Month of The Big Exam a.k.a Naban's Death a.k.a Sad Life.

That's pretty much it since I don't want to bore you with all the blabbering. HOPEFULLY, September monthly outline will be a bit more colorful than this one. 

Happy reading! I'm off to study. 

More like, run my hand through my hair in frustration 200 times.