2014 End of Year Book Survey

Sunday, December 28, 2014


This survey is hosted by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner. You can view the questions on her blog here.

The survey is for books you read throughout the year, no matter when they were published, and is not limited to just books that came out in 2014. (**)


Number of books reads 


And more, of course I think that's a big improvement for someone who read like 30 books the previous year. So I'm happy with where I am.

Number of re-reads
I'm not a fan of re-reading at all but I'm estimating it's somewhere around 2 books. (Note to self: Keep track of re-reads).

Genre read the most from 
YA, Romance and Fantasy in that order.



1.Best Book You Read In 2014?



Yup, I did most of my reading this year.


2.Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

  


3.Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
The Retribution of Mara Dyer. I'm not sure whether I pushed them to the point where they pretended to have read it just so they could shut me up. But no worries.

4. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
So many authors to choose from. But I'll go with Kasie West because I adore all of her books.

5. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?


It's a horror thriller set in a post apocalyptic world, and definitely not within my comfort zone.

6. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas is an easy pick. 

7. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?


Wonder by R.J. Palacio is one of those books that can make you think about life.

8. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read? 


I actually wouldn't have read this if I hadn't stumbled upon it in my school library. It's exactly one of those old, cheesy romance scenes. IT WAS MEANT TO BE, guys.

9. Book That Shocked You The Most


In a good way of course. If freaking out about everything and talking about it endlessly counts.

10. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Karou and Zuzana from Daughter of Smoke & Bone.

11. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Theron from Snow Like Ashes.


14. Hidden Gem Of The Year?


Not sure about the 'hidden' part, but The Falconer sure does deserve a lot more love.



1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
There are SO many great blogs and I can't choose one.

And many others I'm probably going to remember after I post this.

2. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I'm rather fond of my How To Not Make a Bookworm Furious guide.

3. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Starting the little project also known as Quite Literary.

4. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Also my post on How To Not Make a Bookworm Furious.

 5. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love? 
My list of 10 YA Characters You Need to Survive a Horror Story.



1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?


I'm probably going to gift myself Apple and Rain on my birthday next month.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?

Heir of Fire #4

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?

End of Days by Susan Ee. Gosh, I'm gonna miss Raffe and Penryn and all the creepy and lovely things in between.


5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?

Read 200+ books. I'm not sure which exactly, but  I'll set my GR challenge to a 200 and increase it along the way if I feel like I could read more.

That was quite the long post, despite me having deleted practically 1/3 of the survey.

Now tell me about you guys! What books are you waiting for? Do you have any plans or goals for the new year?
Spill all the beans!